John Hugh Stolley
My dad was a hard working man. The oldest of 10 children. He had 5 children of his own ~ me and four brothers. He didn't always show alot of emotion with the boys but he did with me. I was his baby girl ~ his only girl. Once a year was Our Day to go shopping for my mom. Her birthday, anniversary and Christmas fall during the same week. On Our Day we would shop and he would take me to lunch. I always felt so special on those days. When I was little he would always kissed me goodnight and fluffed my pillows. As I grew older, he didn't tuck me in but I always kissed him (&mom) goodnight. He grew roses for a time and when they were blooming I would find one in a vase on my dresser when I woke up. When I was in high school, on National Smoke-Out Day, I got some pamphlets about quitting smoking. I left one on his dresser with a note that said, "I hope these pamphlets mean as much to you as the roses do to me." My dad quit that day and never picked up another cigarette!When he became a "Papa" to Brady and Brooks, he became a marshmallow! Those two had him wrapped around their fingers as soon as they took their first breathe! He loves those two kids and would do anything for them! I'm a lucky girl to have such a loving, caring, role model in my life. My kids are lucky too!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment