This blog is to document my thoughts for my children to someday read. I love you Brady & Brooks!







Friday, October 19, 2012

The Helland Family


Taylor and Leo
The Helland Family


Taylor & Her Sister Shara

I wrote recently about a young girl from our church, Taylor Helland, who was battling cancer.  I follow her journey on her Caring Bridge page and I began to wonder what we could offer this family.  On a walk one day it hit me that we should offer to take some family pictures for them. (Bob's hobby is photography)  I sent an offer out to the parents.  At first they were hesitant because they are so emotionally and physically drained.  They reached out to us this week though and said they had decided they would love to take us up on the offer.  On Wednesday night Bob and I went to their home for a photo shot.  What an incredible family!  It was truly a BLESSING to Bob and I to get to interact with this beautiful family.  We got some amazing shots and once the family has a chance to figure out their favorites, we are going to print them. 

What is your gift that you can offer to others?  I am going to start taking inventory of myself and try to figure out where God wants me to use my gifts.

Thank you for the gift of the Helland family.  Help me to use this experience to find my gifts that you want me to share.  Continue to cover this family with your Grace.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment