![]() |
| I love the way Grammy is looking at him! |
We celebrated Senior Night this week. Brooks played his last basketball game in his home gym. We came in second in our district so we are on to the playoffs. I say "we" like I'm on the team - lol. I am the team mom this year and have had a great time. I love going up to the school and having the boys see me and make their way across the hall to give me a hug and say "Hi Mrs. Bacchus". Brooks has played basketball since he was in the first grade! It is going to be strange when he goes off to college next year and Bob and I have no games to go to. So, Senior Night was, in a word, BITTERSWEET. We are so very proud of Brooks and the sacrifices he has made to play. The daily practices, the dedication to get and stay in shape, as well as the effort it take to learn to work on a team. I've always said that playing basketball isn't just about "playing basketball". Brooks has learned many life lessons that will follow him on to the next phase of his life.
Thank you for the gift of my son. Thank you for blessing him with a skill that has allowed him to play basketball while learning about the game of life. Please Bless him with your Grace as he continues down the path of Life.

No comments:
Post a Comment