Yesterday was the one year anniversary of Pops' death. We were in Kansas City last weekend finishing up some estate stuff and stopped by his grave. The ground was covered in snow but we were able to find the correct spot and uncover his marker. Bob hides his emotions pretty well but yesterday he let them out in small ways. He says that he woke up at 1:30 in the morning, the same time his dad died. He says his dad woke him up. His rheumatoid is acting up and he said that was Pops' way of telling him to retire! K-state played Kansas for the conference title last night. Pops would have loved that game. Pops was his "own man". For better or worse, he lived life on his terms. I hope he is watching from Heaven and I hope we are making him PROUD!
I pray that Pops is with Jesus and has had a chance to work out all those bad things from his past. I pray he is watching over us and is protecting us as our own personal angel.

No comments:
Post a Comment