How much is enough? When will we be satisfied? During a difficult time, early in my marriage, I was pretty depressed. Someone, I can't remember who, suggested that I read the book "Simple Abundance." The basic theme of the book is stated above. Most of us have a problem remembering how blessed we really are and how much we really "have". The book gave the suggestion to start a gratitude journal. At the end of each day, you write down in your journal, 5 things that you are grateful for that day. ~ Even if one of them is: I am thankful this day is over!! I found that I paid better attention to the good things verses the bad, because I knew that I had to write about them in my journal that night. After a while, focusing on the positive becomes a habit. It was by far the most important book that I have read thus far in my life. I no longer keep a gratitude journal but here is a list of things I am grateful for today.
- My family -Bob, Brady and Brooks ~ They are my heart.
- An Air conditioned house - It was 107 yesterday in Texas
- Lunch with my son - He'll only be at home one more year
- My early morning bike ride. I may not be the most athletic but, at almost 50, I can still pedal 10+ miles 4 /5 times a week.
- My 2 four-legged kids - Lucky & Kate - My constant companions and their unconditional love!
Timothy 6:7-12
7 For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8 But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 9 Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

No comments:
Post a Comment