Hearing a special song can send one back to a special time and place. That special time or someone magically appears from the recesses of your mind. Sometimes a song will take you back to when you were 16,or perhaps to your wedding day or maybe even a funeral. Here are a few songs that "take me back to when."
Tequila - The Champs- This was one of the songs I fell asleep to when my parents had friends over for a party. 1960's
Cracklin Rosie - Neil Diamond - Since I was a little girl, this is the song my dad and I have always danced to - 1970
Kocomo - The Beach Boys - Lynne Lunardi and I singing this in her basement in the 70's
American Pie - Don Mclean - Now, who didn't memorize and love this song? 1971
Lizzie and the Rainman - Tanya Tucker - Liz Lancaster and I listen to this over and over till we memorized it - late '70.
Centerfield - Dan Fogerty- Bob and I met while I was working for the Rangers and baseball was a big part of our lives. We would play it on spring days at full blast. -1986
Nobody Loves Me like I Do - Whitney Houston - Our "First Dance Song" - 1990
Wind Beneath my Wings - Bette Midler - Daddy*Daughter dance at our wedding - 1990
How Great thou Art- I cried like a baby at my Grandma Stolley's funeral when this played - late 90's
Butterfly Kisses - Bob Carlisle - Brady was 5 and "Daddy's little girl". He cried the first time he heard it. - 1997
Brown-Eyed Girl - Van Morrison - We call this song "Brady's song" because she is our Brown Eyed girl. 1992
Little Red Rodeo - Collin Raye - Brady loved this song and made me turn it up every time it was on. She swore she was going to have a "Little Red Rodeo" when she could drive. - 2006
A Boy named Sue - Johnny Cash - Brooks fell in love with this song the first time he heard it. 2009
No comments:
Post a Comment