This blog is to document my thoughts for my children to someday read. I love you Brady & Brooks!







Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I "heart" my church

Saint John the Apostle
United Methodist Church
 
A community of Grace, committed to making disciples.
 
 
I was born and raised in the Catholic church.  It wasn't until I was in my 40's though, that I discovered my true "Home".  I went to the Catholic church but not with love in my heart.  I attended catechism, and received all the sacraments.  Bob and I were married in the church and our children were baptised in the Catholic church.  I was attending the church but not really feeling fulfilled.   I was just going through the motions.
 When Brady was in Junior high school, she started attending SJA's youth group with a friend.  She really bonded with the kids and the church.  I thought it was just a phase.  She begged us to visit "Her" church but I was resistant.  Was going to church somewhere other than a Catholic church, really going to church??  I finally gave in to her pleas, and I realized that I had found my "Home."  We visited the church for six months and then as a Christmas surprise to my children, we joined SJA on Christmas Eve.   It was a very special evening.  We were now Methodists!  It was not easy to tell my mom I was changing religions.  She supported the change but not whole-heartily.  She will attend with us on occasion but I think she is secretly disappointed that we changed. 
I attend the 11:00 praise service almost every Sunday.  I feel so much peace when I attend.  I feel renewed and ready to face the up-coming week.   Pastor Marc helped our family through a very difficult time last year.  I will be forever grateful for his wisdom.
 
Thank you father for leading me to this wonderful church.  Thank you for helping my family and I to find the spirit we were missing.  I pray for your Grace to continue to cover us and guide us.

No comments:

Post a Comment