This blog is to document my thoughts for my children to someday read. I love you Brady & Brooks!







Saturday, May 26, 2012

Balcony/Basement People

I was talking to a friend today about a hard situation she is going through right now.  She said that she thought she would like to "edit" the people in her life.  That got me to thinking about a book I read years ago called Balcony People.
The basic theme of the book is that there are different people in your life.  Some that pull you down to the basement and those that help pull you up to the balcony. 
This book had always resonated with me.
Take the time to identify the Balcony people and Basement people in your life. Spend most of your time with the Balcony people and try to limit the time with Basement people; if possible. Balcony people pull you up, cheer you on, encourage you and take care of you when you most need it. Basement people pull you down, criticize and find fault in what you do. Balcony people and Basement people; we all have them in our lives. It is our choice of who we allow to be part of  our lives. I choose my Balcony people. I also hope to be more of a Balcony person to those around me.



1 comment: