This blog is to document my thoughts for my children to someday read. I love you Brady & Brooks!







Monday, May 21, 2012

Eenie ~ Meenie ~ Minie ~ Moe



       Why do I sometimes have a hard time saying no to my children?  Have I spent my time giving them too much?  Bob and I are in a much better financial position than our parents were in when we were growing up.   Because of that, we are able to provide them more.   Now sometimes "more" is good.  For instance, I was able to spend "more" time with them while they were growing up because I got to be a stay home mom.  I got to be their  room mom, team mom, PTA mom .......  Bob and I have always been there for our children!
    "More" also means a car, trips, gas money, spending money and on and on!  How much is too much?  When do I say no?  I seem to want them to have more than I had, to have more experiences.   I look back on my childhood fondly even though we didn't have "more". Is having"more" better?   I am beginning to feel that maybe "More is Less".  I need to do some soul searching on this one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment