I saw this sign on Pinterest last night and
it really got me thinking about being grateful in different situations. We all need to take a moment to look at mundane, boring, unwanted chores and see the blessings in them. Here's an example: When Brady was a freshman in high school she got moved up to the JV Volleyball team. This was great but what it meant was all the girls we car-pooled with were now practicing at different times and we no longer had a car pool to "Pool" with. I complained to my mom about my seemingly endless trip to the high school to pick her up or drop her off. Mom, in all her wisdom, told me,
"Kim, try looking at this as a gift. You will get uninterrupted time with your daughter, time you will never get back. She will be driving in a few years and you will wish for this time back!"
I immediately changed my attitude and looked differently at our car time together. Now everyday was not pleasant. There were days when we would talk, days when she was too tired to talk, and days when I was the last person she wanted to talk to.(LOL) Looking back though, this car time was a "gift" I will forever be grateful for!
Brady is now having college roommates trouble. This trouble usually revolves around dirty dishes and who's turn it is to clean up. I think I will purchase this sign and have her hang it up.
Maybe some attitudes will change!

No comments:
Post a Comment