Lucky and Kate! My faithful friends. How did it happen that I didn't get my first dog until I was in my 40's?! These two creatures follow me everywhere. When we first got Lucky I was assured by the kids that they would clean up after him, feed him, walk him ...... That didn't happen. The duties fell to me. Just what I needed right ~ another thing to take care of. A few years later I saw a picture of Kate (fell in love) and decided that Lucky needed a playmate. At first Lucky was alittle ticked off at me but now they are the best of buds. Lucky is laid back. I honestly think that he does not consider himself a dog. Kate is FULL of energy and very jealous. She doesn't want to share me with anyone.
These dogs have enriched my life. I really don't know what I did before them! At the end of a long day, I know that these two creatures will cuddle up with me and make everything ok. At the end of a long day, I know I will see these two faces staring out the window ready to "attack" me. At the end of a long day, I know that I will be loved for just being "me".

No comments:
Post a Comment