This blog is to document my thoughts for my children to someday read. I love you Brady & Brooks!







Saturday, February 11, 2012

That's what friends are for!!!

"Not having friends you can talk to and be honest with and have fun with can be as detrimental as smoking!" 
 My friend Nannette sent me and a few other friends this text this week and that got me to thinking......


  I am blessed to have some amazing friends!!

     Friends come in all shapes and sizes.  They come in and out of your life at different times and for different reasons.  I have childhood friends who I don't speak to everyday but keep up with on Facebook.  I have neighborhood friends that I speak to daily.  I have friends that I play phone tag with (- you know who you are-Angie L)   I have friends that I met through my children's friendship.  While I consider my husband to be my "best friend", girlfriends play an essential role in my life.  Each and everyone of them has impacted me in one way or another.  So to all my friends out there:  Thanks for making me laugh, thanks for the shoulder to cry on, thanks the "Wine/Margarita" nights, thanks for listening to me vent, thanks for lifting me up when I am down, thanks for watching my kids for me and for loving them almost as much as me, thanks for your prayers, most of all, thanks for being a part of my life and for loving me just the way I am!!

A faithful friend is a sturdy shelter; he who finds one finds a treasure.  Sirach 6:14

2 comments:

  1. I am lucky to have you as my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog my dear friend Kim, and I'm SOOO glad that we ended our game of phone tag, and actually got to speak to each other in person today!!! I love you, and cherish our special friendship....even though you haven't completely converted to a Husker fan YET!!!

    ReplyDelete