This blog is to document my thoughts for my children to someday read. I love you Brady & Brooks!







Friday, February 3, 2012

My cousin Ann!!!!

     I posted on Facebook yesterday that I started blogging.  My cousin, Ann, commented that she didn't think there was anything I could write that she would want to read.  So today, I'm writing about her ~ Ann Stolley Schiefelbein!
    Here's alittle family history.  My father is the oldest of 10 children.  He has 7 sisters and 3 brothers.  Ann and I have over 30+ cousins.  My father and Ann's father are close,  so growing up, Ann and I became close.  It wasn't until we both married and had children though that we became even closer.  I was a bridesmaid in her wedding and she "skipped" mine.  ~  She did send her husband though and their oldest daughter was a product of a week away from each other. 
     I grew up with 4 brothers and she grew up with 1 brother.  I guess in a way, since be didn't have sisters, we became sisters.  We do all the sisterly stuff:  share gossip, cry to each other, bounce ideas off each other, compete with each other and on occasion fight with each other.  She and I have planned the Stolley family reunion for the past 10 years or so.  (She takes all the credit for the good ideas and blames all the bad ones on me. ) :)  Our favorite thing to do is vacation with each other and our husbands/children.  We have been to Florida, New Orleans, Kansas City, Las Vegas and recently we took a week-long Caribbean cruise.  I know retirement will hold many vacation for us!

                                                                 Barbados
                                                January 2012
                                           Me, Bob, Ann & Eric
     I grew up wishing for a sister and God sent me one.  Not a perfect one, not an always politically correct one, not one that I always agree with --- but Ann is mine!!  We were born to different parents, but we are sisters!  Probably alot closer than most!   Love you Ann~ Here's hoping you read this!

No comments:

Post a Comment