This blog is to document my thoughts for my children to someday read. I love you Brady & Brooks!







Sunday, February 26, 2012

Pops

      Pops has cancer.  Stage 4 lung cancer.  It has moved from his lungs to his liver and his bones.  The pain was what finally lead him to the doctor.  Pops smoked unfiltered Camel cigarettes for the majority of his life.  He started in his teens and continued until a heart attack in his mid seventies.  He's now 81 and says that he has lived a full life.  He is ok with dying but is worried about the pain.  Pops lives in Kansas City and we are hundreds of miles away in Texas.  So helpless!  There are a few friends in KC to help but no other family members.  We have invited Pops to come to Texas to live with us.  Brady has offered her bedroom and says that Pops can decorate it anyway he wants to :)  He hasn't said no but he hasn't said yes either.  He wants to wait for one more doctors appointment. 
         Pops is in one word a "character".   He has lived his life "his" way.  He is not an ordinary father-in-law but I know he loves me and I love him and boy does he love his son ~ Bobby!!  My prayer is that Pops can find a way to let go and come live with us for his final days.  I would love to hear more stories about his crazy life before it is too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment