For the last 5 years I have been playing Texas Hold 'em every Saturday night with a group of neighbors and friends. It is one crazy, eclectic group. Let me introduce you to them.
Vance - I consider him to be the founder of this group. I call him "ADD boy" because sometimes he's alittle scattered ~ maybe that's just a ploy though because he is one of the biggest winners.
Les - He is the historian of the group and writes up weekly recaps and keeps up with the points system. Les can be rather loud and opinionated and can tell a really good joke.Lena - She is Les' wife and she from Russia. We call her "Ponchic", which is Russian for doughnut. She is a sneaky player and loves to chase straights. Her favorite phrase is "Almost Straight". She has a way of keeping Les in his place!
Nancy - Nancy loves cards!!! We call her "River Dance Nance" because she is always chasing that last card. She usually calls the card she needs and it magically appears. For a few years we accused her of raising unicorns in her back yard.
Alex- He is Nancy's husband. Alex loves to play crazy cards and win with them. He loves "suited" cards and plays loose. One thing he doesn't love is the 10+ surgeries he's had on his ankle.
Eric- We call him "E". Eric is a good player. He plays "fundamental" hold 'em and has a good "bluff" game.His love of Pamela Anderson is probably his biggest flaw!
Steve - Also know as Steve-O. Steve keeps us laughing with his collection of foreign accents. Steve is a great Mid-Western guy with a great personality who hates to lose.
Kirk- The Kirkinator!! Kirk is a West Coast guy who's family once owned a Casino. He is by far the most knowledgeable card player I know. He doesn't always win but that because he plays against some "wild and crazy" players.
Kevin - One word "LOOSE". Win big or lose big ~ he loves to gamble at cards.
Rounding off this group are the two "Kims" Little Kim / Big Kim- She about 5'2 and I'm 5"11 hence the names.
Little Kim - She will apologize when she beats you!
Big Kim - Me - at one time a very loud, offended by bad beats player. Much calmer the past few years!!
A few bit players are Karridy, Tom, and Turtle killer.I have a million stories about this group but I'll save them for another blog ~ In the meantime "I'm All In"!!

Would love be a fly on that wall.
ReplyDelete