Another young friend passed away this week. He was killed in a car wreck while trying to negotiate a U-turn. He was only 21! I cannot even image what his parents are going through. When your child walks out the door, a piece of you goes with them. Part of a parent dies when a child passes away. How could/would I ever deal with this loss? How do I keep my kids safe from harm? The answer is ~ I can't 100%. My favorite Bible verse is:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. In all ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path.
Would I be able to do this is I lost Brady or Brooks? My prayer is that I never have to find out!
Lord please be with this grieving family. May your Grace help them through this unspeakable loss. Please help me to protect my children and trust in you and your plans for them.
kim, i can't imagine either! all i know is we just have to pray for our kids daily and trust that God is in control! i try never to doubt Him, whether something wonderful or something horrible happens. i just have to tell myself He has a plan! i am tasked with this everyday as taylor leaves in the car with kids her age. PRAYER.TRUST. LOVE you dearly sweetie!!
ReplyDelete